social bookmarks

16-18 October 2018 Bad Nauheim, Germany

EuroCarBody 2018

20th Global Car Body Benchmarking Conference

EuroCarBody Awards

Since 2002, the bestowal of the EuroCarBody Awards has been the annual climax of each EuroCarBody conference.

The awards are granted by Automotive Circle for the most convincing OEM car body developments that have been presented at a given EuroCarBody conference, in terms of both product and process innovations.

The car bodies presented at the conference will enter one of two separate competitions, namely for the:


EuroCarBody Award – Premium Segment, comprising vehicles that have been developed for a predominantly technology-oriented, premium vehicle segment, or for the

EuroCarBody Award – Volume Segment, comprising cars that have been developed for a predominantly cost-oriented, volume-production vehicle segment.

The winners are determined in a competition of all car body presentations, based on the evaluation of five equal-weight technical criteria:

  1. Car body development and construction 
  2. Material development and application
  3. Production efficiency
  4. Car-body-implied customer value
  5. Quality and completeness of the presentation

The total ranking results from the evaluation of these categories by the members of the conference’s OEM Advisory Board on the one hand (accounts for 40% of the total result), and by the entire conference plenum of international car body engineers on the other (60%).

Through this unique procedure, the competition for the awards provides a very profound and valuable expert feedback on their developments for all participating OEM. Because of this, the EuroCarBody Awards since long have been regarded as the globally most important accolade in industrial car body engineering.

Winners of the EuroCarBody-Awards in the past years:


Volume Segment:
1. Ford Focus
2. GMC Sierra

Premium Segment:
1. Jaguar I-Pace
2. Mercedes-Benz A Class


Volume Segment:
1. Honda Accord
2. VW Polo

Premium Segment:
1. BMW 6 Series GT
2. Volvo XC60

1. Alfa Romeo Giulia
2. Acura NSX
3. Volvo V90 on SPA platform
1. BMW 7 Series
2. Audi Q7
3. Cadillac CT6
1. BMW i8
2. Mercedes-Benz C-Class
3. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
1. Mercedes-Benz S-Class
2. BMW i3
3. Lexus IS
1. Mercedes-Benz SL
2. Audi A3
3. Range Rover
1. Hyundai i40
2. Audi A6
3. Mercedes-Benz B-Class
1. Audi A8
2. Lexus LFA
3. BMW 5er
EuroCarBody Awards Winner 2018

Volume Segment:

     1. Ford Focus

     2. GMC Sierra

Premium Segment:

     1. Jaguar I-Pace

     2. Mercedes-Benz A Class

ECB Award_trans

Conference Organisation

Julia Schneider

Julia Schneider

Senior Event Manager
Automotive Circle
T +49 511 9910-378


top of page